Your browser does not support JavaScript! Turn on JavaScript support in your browser.


1. What are the differences between regular group language classes and intensive classes?

A: Regular group language classes primarily progress at a normal pace, and students can typically complete one book of study per academic term. Intensive classes have a more compact teaching schedule and often emphasize discussion and participation in class. There are usually more assignments and discussions in intensive classes compared to regular group classes. Our intensive classes are designed to help Mandarin learners with zero foundation reach level A2 within one semester (approximately the content of the first book to just before the second book); A2 learners progress to level B1 (approximately the content of the second book to the third book).

2. Will there be placement tests before classes start?

A: Before the course officially begins, we will provide an online assessment system for students to take placement tests. The tests typically cover listening, vocabulary and grammar, reading, and speaking. Teachers will then assign classes based on students' test results. If students are Mandarin learners with zero foundation, they can choose not to take the test and inform us via email, and they will be directly placed into the zero foundation class by our center.


【Visa, Residence Permit】

1. What types of visas are available in Taiwan?

A: There are various types of visas in Taiwan: 14 days visa-exempt entry; 30 days, 60 days, 90 days tourist visas; 180 days residence visas. Additionally, visas can be single-entry, multiple-entry, extendable, and non-extendable (NE). Therefore, students should pay attention to the type of visa they apply for.

2. How can I apply for a residence permit? Where can I apply?

A: Students entering Taiwan with a tourist visa for study purposes should attend a Mandarin teaching institution affiliated with a college or university recognized by the Ministry of Education for at least four months, and continue their registration for more than three months. Then, they should apply for a residence permit through the "Online Application System for Foreign and Overseas Chinese Students' Residence Permit and Extension or Change Registration" provided by the Immigration Department.

3. What documents are required when applying for a residence permit?

A: Please refer to



1. Can everyone apply for dormitories?

A: According to the regulations of our university, dormitory applications are only open to formal undergraduate students who have completed their applications. Dormitory spaces are allocated based on availability to foreign students. Therefore, applicants should apply for dormitory reservations from the Chinese Language Center office after registration. If an application is canceled due to personal reasons after submission, the full fee will still be charged.

2. How much is the dormitory fee per semester?

A: The dormitory fee per semester ranges from NT$10,200 to NT$11,200.

3. What facilities are available in the dormitories? What should I do if I need to use a kitchen?

A: The dormitories are equipped with wardrobes and desks, and there are shared bathroom facilities, but there are no kitchens for cooking. If students have dietary needs, they can purchase food from student restaurants and convenience stores.

4. Are there any other accommodation options and resources available?

A: Please refer to


【Use of Campus Network】

1. Where can I use a computer?

A: Our school provides wireless internet service. In areas covered by the wireless network, you can log in with your THU-NID account and enjoy the convenience of wireless internet.

2. What procedures should I follow if I want to use my own computer in the dormitory?

A: You just need to purchase a network connection cable and prepare your THU-NID account. Then, you can apply for network access at the dormitory office.

3. Can I print using the computers in the Chinese Language Center?

A: If you have printing needs, you can request assistance from the office, but printing requires payment.

4. How can I find out my THU-NID account?

A: Please inquire at the office.



1. What types of insurance are available in Taiwan? How much is the insurance premium?

A: National Health Insurance (NHI) is available in Taiwan, with a monthly premium of NT$826.

2. What procedures should I follow when visiting a doctor?

A: If you have NHI, you can present your NHI card and pay the registration fee when visiting a doctor. Afterward, you can send the receipt and diagnosis certificate to the insurance company for reimbursement. If you are covered by NHI, you only need to present your NHI card when visiting a doctor.

3. How can I seek support in the event of an accident (such as a car accident or illness) on or off campus?

A: During office hours (8:00 am to 5:00 pm), you can contact the Chinese Language Center office at 04-23590259. Outside of office hours, you can contact the Campus Security Center at 04-23599595 (24 hours).

4. Where are the hospitals located?

A: There are two large hospitals across from Tunghai University: Taichung Veterans General Hospital (tel: 04-2359-2525) and Cheng Ching General Hospital (tel: 04-2463-2000). Additionally, there is a school clinic on campus open from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm.


【Student ID】

1. What should I do if I lose my student ID?

A: You can apply for a new student ID at the office and pay a processing fee of 200 NT dollars.

2. What functions does the student ID have?

A: Dormitory residents need to use their student ID to access the dormitories or borrow books from the library. For those with EasyCard student IDs, after loading value (can be done at convenience stores like 7-11), you can take buses and the MRT, and also make purchases at various partner stores.

3. If I'm returning to my home country but there's still value left on my student ID, how can I get it back?

A: You can visit the Taichung Bus EasyCard Service Center (235 Minquan Road, West District, Taichung City) to request a refund.

4. For detailed information on EasyCard usage, please refer to: